How To: Singapore Visa On Pakistani Passport

SingaporeTouristVisaGuideForPakistaniPassport1

If you have a few extra days on your Asia trip, why not see a new country. Singapore is a small country that you can manage to squeeze in 2 days if you are already planning more than a week-long trip to Malaysia, Thailand or Indonesia. But you have to plan ahead and prepare for Singapore visa application.

While the process is simple, people have reported that rejection rates are high and they sometimes make you run back & forth for additional documents. This is not to demotivate you but to prepare your mind. Also, you can choose to apply via an agent or do it yourself. Here are the documentation requirements you will need:

DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR TOURIST VISA

• Filled form
    Download the form. An original copy of the filled and signed visa application form.
  • Photographs
    Two passport-sized, coloured photographs without any border that must be 35mm wide and 45mm high and taken at least 3 months prior to the application submission. One of the photographs must be affixed to the given space in the form.
  • Passport
    Your original passport with its copy must be submitted along with the application form and the required letters. Your passport must be valid for 6 months at the time of submission.
  • Confirmed Return Air Ticket
     You need to have a return ticket or if you plan to travel anywhere else then an onward journey ticket.
  • Letter to the Consulate
    A letter from you to the Consulate General, stating the complete reason for your intended visit and requesting a visa.
  • Letter of Introduction (LOI)
    This is a letter that one needs to obtain from a Singaporean resident. If you don’t know anyone in Singapore, you can apply for your visa via a travel agent and they help you obtain it. Here is a Sample Letter of Introduction.
  • Confirmed Hotel Bookings
    While some people report that getting an LOI is necessary, some others have also reported getting the Singaporean tourist visa, by providing hotel bookings and a LETTER OF INTRODUCTION (LOI) from their hotel, and skipping the LOI from a resident.

TIP: Some say that in order to be safe, it is recommended that you obtain an LOI because the rejection rate of Singaporean visa has been reported to be very high. But I called the Singaporean embassy while writing this article and they said you do not need LOI when applying as a tourist, instead you must provide confirmed hotel bookings.

FAQs

How to submit the documents? You can do it yourself as well as via an agent (keep in mind that agents only help you obtain the LOI and they also charge a fee)
What is the fee?
 PKR 2900 (official fee), Rs. 7000-10,000 (If you apply via a travel agent)
How many days does it take? 15 – 20 days
Do they call for an interview? Usually no, but they might
Do they give a reason for refusal? No
When can I re-apply if is rejected? 6 months
What is the validity period? Varies from case to case
How many days of entry do they give? Varies from case to case

Note: For out of Karachi applicants, visa fees must be in the form of a “Demand Draft – payable in Karachi“, in favour of the  “Consulate-General of The Republic of Singapore”

HOW TO GET THERE

Web:  https://www.mfa.gov.sg/content/mfa/overseasmission/karachi.html

Timings:

Monday – Thursday > 8:30am – 1:00pm & 1:45pm – 5:30pm
Friday > 8:30am – 12.30pm & 2:30pm – 5:30pm

Address: Lakson Square, Building No 2, Sarwar Shaheed Road, Karachi, Pakistan

Contact:

E-mail: singaporecg@cyber.net.pk
Telephone: +92 21 35688243 / +92 21 35686419

Map:

KarachiConsulateOfSingaporeKarachi

Lahore & Islamabad: You have to courier your documents to embassy in Karachi or do it via a travel agent.

Disclaimer: This guide does not guarantee anyone a visa but it will answer all the questions you may have regarding the process.

Is there any question still unanswered? Please let me know in the comments section below. If you know anyone who is looking for this information, share away!

• 1
2018-10-28T18:16:22+00:00

12 Comments

1. Syed July 27, 2018 at 2:35 pm - Reply

Hi, do you know if the Republic of Singapore has an Embassy in Islamabad?

• Anam July 27, 2018 at 4:02 pm - Reply

No. You have to either courier your documents to the embassy in Karachi. Or you can get it done via an agent in Islamabad.

2. Saim July 28, 2018 at 4:57 pm - Reply

Hi on the website it states a demand draft of 1700. Youve mentioned 2700.

• Anam July 28, 2018 at 6:09 pm - Reply

If you look at the website, they updated this fee back in 2008. I called them and asked for the updated fee, which is PKR 2900. 🙂

3. Muhammad Arif August 9, 2018 at 7:11 am - Reply

Dear gwgp,

As I planned to add Singapore in my itinerary, while taking a tour of Sri Lanka and Malaysia, I consulted a reputable travel agency in Karachi for a visa to Singapore. They told me it’s very much likely to be refused as I’m traveling solo. A man with a green passport 😢 has so much of unnecessary suspicion from the foreign missions of even the friendly countries. I’ll try to do things on my part to change their perception.

Seeking your advice #gwgp

4. Nouman August 10, 2018 at 9:18 pm - Reply

Did u attached the LOI with your application and secondly are your sure it would take 15-20 days?

5. Karamat August 15, 2018 at 12:31 pm - Reply

I am from Karachi,
    How to submit the documents in Karachi? also guide me regarding fee In cash, cheque or pay order

6. Shoaib khan September 10, 2018 at 5:50 am - Reply

Hello,
    Can i apply from Thailand my current status in Thailand is Tourist.

7. Nature lover October 12, 2018 at 12:29 pm - Reply

Thanks for sharing data with us .
    Its really helping. .
    I want to travel all the world but i don’t have enough money 😭😭 .

• Anam October 17, 2018 at 7:24 pm - Reply

start saving 🙂

8. Sohaib Aziz October 15, 2018 at 1:11 am - Reply

Hey Anam, been following you on insta for a while now.
    Love how you present everything so far & how you’re helping a Mango man by writing these informational posts =)

My Question:
    1.Will Airbnb booking work?
    2.Do i have to give my whole schedule of the stay? Cause for example if i’m planning to stay for 15 days, i might not stay in one place and may change on the runtime.
    3.If i am directly going to singapore then would i need to actually buy the return ticket or the free cancelation flight tickets would work?

9. AIZA November 1, 2018 at 1:27 am - Reply

Hi anam. I wanted to get some infornation
    I am going to visit singapore in august 2019 for my honeymoon and i wanna know
    1. what are the chances of getting the visa when i am visiting for honeymoon.
    2. Do I have to have someone i know living in singapore or since we are visiting for honeymoon hotel booking will work? We don’t have anyone we know in singapore so its a bit confusing. So kindly guide me
    3. Do we have to buy the return tickets to get the visa? Is it mandatory Or there is some other alternative?

Looking forward to your reply
    Thanks