Traveling to Malaysia has never been easier. They have recently launched their Evisa and us Pakistani passport holders can very conveniently apply for it and get it within 2 days. Some people even have reported getting it in an hour. A friend mentioned the process was so easy I did it on my phone while relaxing on my bed.
WHAT DO YOU NEED WHILE MAKING A MALAYSIAN eVISA APPLICATION ONLINE
The process is simple. Create an account and submit your application here: e-visa website
You will be asked to upload the following photos and documents, before making the payment and submitting the application:
One passport sized studio photo (photo requirements are at the end of this blog)
- Passport front page photo
Current & all previous passports, no photocopy required
- Return air ticket booking
Get a dummy reservation from a travel agent or book a ticket confirmation that is held for 24/48 hours, take a print out and use it
- Hotel bookings
Reserve free-cancellation, no pre-payment accommodation, this does not need to be an actual reservation, if you like you can change these later.
- 6-month bank statement & account maintenance letter
If you are financing your own trip then this has to be your own statement, otherwise, it will be of whoever is your sponsor. Approximately, 150-200000 PKR are adequate
- Any other document you may want to attach (optional)
What is the fee? USD 31
How many days does it take? 48 hours
Does the visa require an okay to board stamp? no
Do they call for an interview? Only in the case of suspicion, they may require to call you for an interview.
Do they give a reason for refusal? No
What is the validity period? eVISA is valid for 3 months
How many days can I stay in Malaysia with an eVisa? maximum of 30 days
When can I re-apply if my eVisa is rejected? You can re-apply for eVISA immediately after your application has been rejected
HOW TO CONTACT THE EMBASSY
- Karachi: http://www.kln.gov.my/web/pak_karachi/home
- Islamabad: http://www.kln.gov.my/web/pak_islamabad/home
- Karachi: E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Telephone: (92 21) 3529 5618/19
- Islamabad: E-mail: email@example.com, Telephone: (92 51) 2072900
- Karachi: Work days: Monday to Friday: 9.00am – 5.00pm
- Islamabad: Visa Days: Monday – Thursday: (09:00 a.m. to 05:00 p.m.)
- Karachi: No. 29 9th Street Khayaban-e-Shamsheer, Phase V Defence Housing Authority, Karachi
- Islamabad: Plot No. 144-150 Street No. 17 Sector G-5, Diplomatic Enclave 44000, Islamabad
Is there any question still unanswered, please let me know in the comments section below. If you know anyone who is looking for this information, share away!