How To: Jordan Visa On Pakistani Passport

Jordan tourist visa pakistani passport 2

By Urooj Hussain

I was very keen on traveling to Jordan after seeing amazing photographs of Petra and Wadi Rum but I had not heard of anyone personally who had been to Jordan before, so I asked around on various travel groups and forums only to get vague answers from everywhere INCLUDING travel agents!

“You can’t apply for Jordan visa from Pakistan”, “It is very difficult” “You need an official invitation letter and then it can take weeks and months to get a visa” was some of the answers that I got. Determined not to lose hope I decided to ignore whatever everyone else was saying and just do an investigation myself.

I simply Googled “Jordan Consulate Karachi” and I got a phone number from an online business directory- Upon calling and inquiring about the visa I was told I would have to “take an appointment” to pick up the form. This seemed a bit strange to me, so I just looked up the location of the embassy on maps and drove there.

I literally just walked in, up to reception and said “I want to go to Jordan, give me a form please” – They looked at me in surprise for a while, asked me to sit down for 5 minutes and then handed me over a form! Getting the form was literally as easy as that.

Please note the visa form is very simple and takes 5 minutes to fill. However, it does not list the full range of documents which you need for the visa. The list was told to me by the visa coordinator (the name is Arsalan) They are as follows:

DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR TOURIST VISA

• Hotel bookings
    Jordan is a small country and you will likely be moving around from city to city in the duration of your trip. It’s best to book a tour from a reputed tour company in Jordan who will manage all hotel bookings for you. I used Bedouin Life Tours. The manager’s name is Ra’ed and he was extremely helpful. They will email you an entire itinerary with hotel bookings and you can show this for your visa.
  • Return air ticket booking
    Get a dummy reservation from a travel agent or book a ticket confirmation that is held for 24/48 hours, take a print out and use it.
  • 3 Months Bank Statement
    You need a bank statement showing a minimum amount of more than 300,000 PKR. This amount was not specified anywhere, however, since Jordan is an expensive country this is the bare minimum amount based on my evaluation.
  • Employment Letter + Salary Slips
    You need a letter from your employer specifying your passport number, and that the dates you are traveling on are approved leave from them. It should also confirm your designation and how long you have been working there. You also need to show 3 months of salary slips. Please note your salary should make sense with the amount of money reflected in your account.
  • Passport
    You need your current passport with 6 months validity.
  • Visa Application Form
    The embassy needs FOUR filled copies of application form, so when you get the form, fill 4 photocopies of it.
  • Passport size photo (any color background, pasted on all 4 forms)

FAQs

• What is the fee? Approx 8000 PKR plus courier fee to Islamabad (if applying from Karachi)
  • How many days does it take? 5 working days
  • Do they call for an interview? Yes
  • Do they give a reason for refusal? If they refuse, yes.
  • When can I re-apply if is rejected? You need to ask at the embassy
  • What is the validity period? 2 months from the date of issue
  • How many days of entry do they give? 2 months
  • How to submit the documents? No travel agent required, one of the applicants can go and submit on behalf of every other applicant.

Point to note: they are wary of solo travelers and usually expect people to travel in groups. So if you are a solo traveler you will need to answer additional questions in an interview. This is especially important if you are a girl traveling alone, it’s better to get a male family member to apply with you even if they aren’t going to accompany you on the trip. The consulate people are a bit old school in that way.

HOW TO GET THERE

Timings: Monday-Friday 9 AM-2 PM

Contact:

• Karachi: 021-32856593
  • Islamabad: 051-2279124

Embassy Address:

Is there any question still unanswered, please let me know in the comments section below. If you know anyone who is looking for this information, share away!

Urooj is Karachi based globetrotter. She writes about her travels on her website
Three Day Weekend Life.

• 1
2018-10-28T18:17:24+00:00

27 Comments

1. Annie June 26, 2018 at 2:42 pm - Reply

Hey urooj,
    Thank you for the useful information. Can i have your personal contact so i could ask few queries?
    Best
    Annie

• Anam July 27, 2018 at 3:54 pm - Reply

I think you can inbox her FB page, that will be the quickest way to get a reply 🙂

2. Natashah June 26, 2018 at 4:19 pm - Reply

Hello. My husband is in jordan and im trying to visit him in Amman..im facing same hurdles! Been trying over 2 weeks and running around in circles! Will try ur approach tomorrow.

• Anam July 18, 2018 at 12:30 am - Reply

Awesome. so glad we could be of help 🙂

3. Zahid July 9, 2018 at 8:30 pm - Reply

Dear as you mentioned they call for interview. I m from karachi . will they call me to islamabad or they interview me in karachi.

Thanks in advance.

• Anam July 27, 2018 at 3:53 pm - Reply

Zahid, they will call you in Karachi if you are from karachi and have applied there. And if you have applied in Islamabad, they will call you there.

4. Hameed July 13, 2018 at 11:09 am - Reply

Wow.nice process . I really like it. I wish to apply and visit if god give the chance .thanks a lot.

• Anam July 18, 2018 at 12:33 am - Reply

you are welcome, goodluck

5. Election 2018 July 26, 2018 at 2:47 pm - Reply

Thank’s for a detailed article on Jordan Visa
    can you please share your experience with Turkey Visa

• Anam July 27, 2018 at 12:17 pm - Reply

coming soon 🙂

6. Yousaf Ali July 31, 2018 at 11:12 am - Reply

Hi, I am planning to visit Jordan from Saudi arabia in next 15 days. can you please share your experience in Jordan?

7. OMAIR August 5, 2018 at 12:01 pm - Reply

Dear Mr Yousaf Ali, I am based in Saudi Arabia and want to travel to JORDON, can you please advise (if you know) about the visa process from Riyadh . Thanks

8. Farhan August 8, 2018 at 11:05 pm - Reply

Hi,
    How long was your trip and what was its total cost including air tickets? Also can you share sample letter from employer (if possible)?

9. Irfan Khan August 15, 2018 at 2:51 am - Reply

Thanks for your kind information but currently I’m doing my job here in Saudi Arabia, so is it possible for Pakistani passport holders to apply from here and visit to Jordan Amman

10. ijaz wali August 25, 2018 at 4:22 pm - Reply

i need work visa for jordan

11. Syed Muhammad Abbas Madani August 28, 2018 at 1:54 pm - Reply

This is very difficult method, can not go to Jordan non criminal (nobleman) person. is impossible.
    this method very suitable for criminal person.
    If you want to destroy a country’s economy then it is the most good method,
    Now Pakistan will have a strong relationship with the countries, which will honor the Pakistan and Pakistani people, free visa for Pakistani

12. Munawar Mahmood September 9, 2018 at 1:28 am - Reply

I have a Jordanian friend. If he sends me a Letter of Invitation to visit him, can I get Jordanian Visa without hotel reservation there?

13. Mohammad Siddique Noohan8 September 18, 2018 at 3:52 pm - Reply

Hi
    Nice information
    Me n my Wife want to visit Jordan in end of Dec this year then to perform Umrah
    When we shold apply for Jordan visa . After Jordan visa we have to apply for Umrah visa also .

14. Andrew September 25, 2018 at 9:13 pm - Reply

Hi there I’m
    An Aussie and I’ve got loads of paki friends and I’m visiting Pakistan in December gon travel to gilgit x

• Anam October 22, 2018 at 12:27 am - Reply

Hey Andy. Are you planning a visit to Karachi?

• Anam October 22, 2018 at 12:27 am - Reply

Hey Andrew. Are you planning a visit to Karachi?

15. Sam October 6, 2018 at 6:33 pm - Reply

What will the requirements if one is un-employed? My sister is working there and wants me to accompany her. Please let me know what will be the case for me and chances to get visa?

16. Javed Iqbal October 11, 2018 at 12:23 am - Reply

Hello

I am from Larkana Sind. I will get Visa Form from Jordanian consulate in Karachi so, where should I apply for visa? Karachi or Islamabad?

17. Rabia October 20, 2018 at 5:59 pm - Reply

Hi i m rabia from lahore .i want to go to jordan .i need your help i want to apply for visa

• Arslan October 22, 2018 at 12:56 am - Reply

A.o.A!
      i’m Arslan from Bhawalpur .i want to go to jordan .So please i need your help i want to apply for visa, Please kindly guide me,

18. imran October 23, 2018 at 3:05 pm - Reply

is it possible to connect with you , regarding the jordanian visit visa issues, i need to ask some critical questions since i come to know that its unofficially banned for pakistani nationals

19. Muhammad Fahd October 28, 2018 at 7:11 pm - Reply

I have been travelling Jordan at least once a year since 2009 very nice country to visit.
    Visa is long process with old school of visa application.