How To: Kenya Visa On Pakistani Passport

kenya visa pakistan passport 2

It is not often that we hear fellow Pakistanis say that they want to visit Kenya for holidays. But visa to Kenya on a Pakistani passport is so easy and hassle free to obtain, that we all must put it in our bucket list. Kenya is the quintessential Africa. If you wonder, what is in Kenya? Then you must look up Masai Mara safari and coast of Mombasa in the east. And their capital? Well, they say Nairobi is the Europe of Africa.

Pakistani passport holders are eligible for visa on arrival as well as e-visa. But as I always say, on our passport, it is always better to be in possession of visa when you land, if it is possible. Kenya e-visa process is literally d0-it-yourself and so this mini guide aims to inform you of every thing you will be asked and will be required to upload while you are in the process of creating the online visa application.

WHAT DO YOU NEED WHILE MAKING KENYAN VISA APPLICATION ONLINE

The process is simple. Create an account and submit your application on their e-visa website. It requires information in 6 steps and the last is payment of visa fee.

1. Traveler’s Information; including your parents name and your occupation
  2. Nationality, residence information and contact details
  3. Passport details
  4. Travel details; including reason to travel, intended date of entry and exit, complete name adress and contact of places you will be staying at. It also asks you to mention the airport you will be landing at, so you must have your itinerary planned if not booked.
  5. Travel history; here they ask you if you have been to Kenya before and some other related questions
  6. Attach supporting documents: here they ask you to upload
    1. Scan or photo of your passport’s bio page
    2. A passport size photo (500pixels x 500pixels)
    3. Additional documents:
      1. Travel itinerary (Details about places to visit if going as tourist)
      2. Hotel bookings (make free cancellation, no-prepayment bookings)
      3. Return Air Ticket (not mandatory, but it is always good to show that you will return; get a dummy one from a travel agent)
      4. Identity Documents (NIC or drivers licence)
  7. And the last step is visa fee, $51, which has to be paid by card, and your application is submitted!

kenya visa pakistani passport

Once submitted, go to the profile/dashboard and you will be able to track the status of visa. Once approved, you will be able to download it as a pdf file. Upon showing a print of the e-visa, you will get  entry stamped easily at the immigration counter at the airport. Kenyans are a friendly bunch.

How many days it takes: 3 working days
Visa validity: 3 months from issue date

Incase of any issue, here is the contact of visa department: +254-707-657-945

If you still have any question unanswered, please write me in comments below. And if you know someone who is looking for this information, share away! If you need help planning a trip to Kenya, read my blog “How To Spend 6 Days In Kenya”

• 93
    Shares
2018-10-28T18:18:15+00:00

28 Comments

1. MAC November 7, 2017 at 1:46 am - Reply

Hello,

Could you share how you obtained a visa for Bali.
    I’ve been trying to get it for the last 2 years but it just seems impossible.
    Thank you.

• gwgp November 8, 2017 at 5:03 pm - Reply

surem which city have you been applying from?

2. Haris November 12, 2017 at 6:13 pm - Reply

Please make a separate section for visas and include details of all countries you’ve been too.

• gwgp November 13, 2017 at 12:32 pm - Reply

Thanks Haris, this is in the pipeline!
      Meanwhile if you visit the last section on my homepage, you will see several of my visa guides

3. Natisha November 13, 2017 at 8:14 am - Reply

First of all I would like to say great blog! I had a quick question which I’d like to ask if you don’t mind. I was interested to find out how you center yourself and clear your mind before writing. I have had difficulty clearing my thoughts in getting my ideas out there. I do enjoy writing however it just seems like the first 10 to 15 minutes tend to be wasted simply just trying to figure out how to begin. Any ideas or hints? Many thanks!

4. Sohail Kouser November 14, 2017 at 10:50 am - Reply

Hi
    Great info . I have a question. Is a yellow fever certificate compulsory for kenya Kenya and rest of east africa . ?

Kind Regards

• gwgp November 14, 2017 at 4:30 pm - Reply

yep

5. Ahmed ijaz December 4, 2017 at 7:59 pm - Reply

Hi sir I have Pakistan passport but I living in Europe can Hall me how can applied visit kenya Visa I have Italy documents

6. Aumair January 18, 2018 at 6:33 pm - Reply

Salam Anam,

Thank you for this informative blog. I am visiting Rwanda soon and from there on wards I plan to travel to Uganda and Kenya on East African Tourist Visa. For visiting Kenya do I need Hepatitis certificate? I already have for Yellow Fever and Polio.

7. Muhammad Jalil February 15, 2018 at 6:15 am - Reply

Anum Good to see your web site

You can visit lot more countries visa free if you have a valid UK, US Canadian or Schengen visa

On a Pakistani Passport I have been to many countries with Visa on arrival based on above

Good Luck and excellent site

• gwgp April 4, 2018 at 12:14 am - Reply

Thanks a lot. Yes, I am aware. 🙂

• Saira Mansoor May 17, 2018 at 2:16 pm - Reply

Hey Muhammad Jalil,

Could you tell me which countries allow that? Especially on a valid US visa?

8. Umair Ramay February 19, 2018 at 5:41 pm - Reply

My visa showed on 6 April for DATE OF PLANNED ARRIVAL IN KENYA but I want to visit before that on 19 March so Can I travel before that ? My eVisa is already Issued.

• gwgp March 27, 2018 at 1:11 pm - Reply

you cant

9. Moeed March 7, 2018 at 11:22 am - Reply

Hi Anam,

I applied for e visa 3 days ago and still no update on my e visa. I have sent them text message and also sent them an email too. What to do next?

• gwgp March 27, 2018 at 1:10 pm - Reply

your visa document will come on their website you made your account on and applied.

10. Aftab March 27, 2018 at 1:52 am - Reply

Hi, love you travelog, it is very tempting and informative. Please tell me if I get e-visa for Kenya will I be able to go to Zanzibar Tanzania or do I have to obtain Tanzania visa separately?

• gwgp March 27, 2018 at 12:29 pm - Reply

separately.

11. hafiz abdullah June 2, 2018 at 2:29 pm - Reply

thanks.very fruitful article

12. Zain June 2, 2018 at 2:42 pm - Reply

I want to travel to other EACs by road after three month stay in Kenya. Also, I am not sure how many countries will I be visiting so I am thinking to buy a one-way ticket. Will this work with e-visa?

• Anam June 2, 2018 at 3:49 pm - Reply

Pakistani passport holders mostly cant travel with a one way ticket. Many countries wont give you visa and many wont let you thru immigration. I have personally never travelled anywhere without having a ticket back to Karachi. You cant risk being at immigration at airport in a new country and not having a ticket that says you are exiting this country on XYZ date. Not atleast on a Pakistani Passport.

13. Zain June 5, 2018 at 5:40 pm - Reply

Thank you so much for the advice, I will buy return ticket. Just one more question. I have applied for the e-visa, and have attached a dummy reservation for air ticket. What if I get the visa but I do not buy that exact ticket and change the dates. Will it be okay or can there be an issue?

14. asmak July 3, 2018 at 5:25 pm - Reply

There some additional processing fee of 50$ in addition to the visa fee for e-visa. I heard from the embassy that on arrival the visa fee is only 51$. Can you please help clarify this? Thanks

15. jazz August 31, 2018 at 10:13 pm - Reply

HI,

i got my yellow fever vaccine from a hospital but not the yellow card. can the proof of hospital and doc’s signature enough to show if they inquire about it

16. S khan September 11, 2018 at 4:13 am - Reply

Anam

You are a LEGEND!

17. florence September 20, 2018 at 12:48 am - Reply

Comment…how much is a visa for a single person from pakistan to kenya

18. Haseeb Tariq October 10, 2018 at 2:38 pm - Reply

Hello Anam,

I am applying for Kenya visa as I have two days of business meetings to attend. Anyways, I can see two ways of applying visa, one is through Gerry’s, but their requirements are huge, like bank statements, tickets, hotel bookings etc. and the other way is the e-visa which looks very simple.
    What would you recommend me to choose?

Secondly, is the certificate for yellow fever is required? If yes, when and from where?

Thanks in advance.