How To: Cambodia Visa On Pakistani Passport

cambodia-visa-pakistan-passport
Some time ago, Pakistanis needed to obtain Cambodia visa from an embassy before arriving at any Cambodian airport. The easiest was and still is their embassy in Bangkok, Thailand.

But recently, they have launched their e-visa and also have listed Pakistan as a country not just eligible for e-visa but for also for visa on arrival. Given the treatment at the immigration on the airport reported by travellers from Pakistan; it is advised to already be in possession of visa before hand. Either e-visa or from the embassy in Bangkok. Disclaimer: Although this guide does not guarantee any one a visa but it will guide you through both the methods to obtain a Cambodian visa.

HOW TO APPLY E-VISA

The process is simple and self explanatory. Submit your application on their e-visa website. It has 2 simple steps:

1. Filling the form. The form will ask you the following questions:
    1. Personal information
    2. Photo; have the softcopy of a recent photo ready to upload
    3. Contact details
    4. Address during visit; have the hotel dummy reservation handy
    5. Passport details
    6. Travel details, which includes the airport you wish to enter from, and your intended date of entry in Cambodia
  1. Paying the visa fee. Visa fee is $36, which you will be required to pay before submitting the application

How many days it takes: 3 working days
Visa validity: 3 months from issue date

Tip: Email the e-visa department at info@evisa.gov.kh and they are usually quick to reply.

HOW TO OBTAIN VISA FROM BANGKOK

It may seem difficult to be in a city you are not familiar with and go through the process of finding the embassy, getting there, dealing with the officers and getting the visa. You will indeed feel uncertain about it. But let me assure you it is very easy to get this visa in Bangkok, specially with the information below.

Documents You Need To Take To The Embassy:

• Passport: Current & all previous passports
  • Photocopy of first two pages of passport: in case you forget this, there is a photocopy shop right besides the embassy.
  • 1 Photo
  • Visa application form: you will find it at the embassy only, all you have to do is fill it
  • Hotel booking: this is not mandatory, but on a Pakistani passport, they can ask. Play safe & take it.
  • Return ticket out of Cambodia: this is not mandatory, but on a Pakistani passport, they can ask. Play safe & take it.
  • Visa fee: 1200 Bhat (~36 dollars)

How To Get To The Embassy

• Address: 518/4, Pracha Uthit Road, Soi Ramkamhaeng 39, Wangtonglang, Bangkok 10310.
  • Contact: Local 02-957-5851, International +66-2-957-5851
  • Timings: 8AM-6PM, Monday to Friday
  • Directions: The embassy is not accessible by metro/subway. Unless you are well-versed with public bus routes, it is recommended to grab a taxi. I requested the desk at my hostel to write me this address in Thai, so I can show it to cab guy, and avoid language problem. They also gave me an estimation of how much should the fare be. Now you also have an option to user Uber. If you are staying somewhere on Sukhumwit (which is a central location in the city), it should take about 30-40 minutes including traffic to reach the embassy, costing about 200 Bhat in fare.

Mapcambodia-visa-pakistani-pakistan-passportTaken from Google Maps
cambodia-visa-pakistani-pakistan-passport-2You cant miss the embassy building

What to expect: the area where the embassy is located is safe and fairly busy; there is a super mart, photo studio, ATM, photocopy shop and gas station right besides. The embassy folks are friendly, they let you in with a basic security, most of the times travellers report there is only a small queue and hence not long of a waiting. I went in, filled the form, and realised I forgot photocopy of passport, they let me out, I got it done from the shop on the right and went back in. And got my visa.

• How much time will they take: approx. 20 minutes
  • Will they do an interview: no.
  • Visa validity: 3 months from issue date

Is there any question still un-answered, please let me know in the comments section below. If you know anyone who is looking for this information, share away!

• 65
    Shares
2018-10-28T18:18:46+00:00

31 Comments

1. Kiran October 21, 2017 at 5:33 pm - Reply

Thank you for sharing this. I had always wanted to go to Cambodia, potentially with Laos and Vietnam. Let’s see.
    P.s. since you went, hope to see posts on what to do there.

2. Ahmed Mustafa Kanjoo October 21, 2017 at 5:53 pm - Reply

Very comprehensive. Just a bit of add-on for those who would want to try this in Bangkok. Flight reservation is MUST now for Pakistanis, and they do not accept the flight itinerary of Airasia.

3. Saqib Khan December 15, 2017 at 11:31 am - Reply

Hello Anam,

It’s really aspiring that someone has taken the bull by the horns and traveling the world in spite of having one of the most disadvantaged passports on the face of the planet.

Being an aspiring traveler myself, I can relate to your ambitions and frustrations, however my tally is far less than yours, at 11 countries and 26 cities. And I’m looking to up this tally considerably in the next couple of years.

Some suggestions/queries/observations of mine:

1. You should write more often about your experiences. For one, you write well. Secondly, we are in dire need of Pakistani narrative of traveling the world. Instagram is a poor substitute. You have done an amazing 20 countries and yet the trials and tribulations of those experiences is not given ample coverage on the blog.

2. In continuation of the first point, are there any Pakistani bloggers you’ve come across like yourself who are adding to the Pakistani narrative? Is there a Pakistani forum/Facebook group where traveling abroad is discussed for us lesser mortals?

3. I’ve just been bestowed with the much needed Annual leave, something which I didn’t count on. That means a great chance to visit yet another country within the next two weeks. Considering the lack of enthusiasm for our passport by most embassies, what would you suggest the best option? UAE and Thailand doesn’t count.

Cambodia is top of mind right now. Have you been there as yet? Is it worth going at this time of the year? If not, then what would you suggest for end of December?

Finally, if you can give a little more time to your blog, you’ve got all the underpinnings to become the Shivya Nath of Pakistan. If you don’t know her, go check her blog- The Shooting Star.[https://the-shooting-star.com]
    Really aspiring.

Good Luck!

• gwgp December 15, 2017 at 12:29 pm - Reply

Hi Saqib, thank you so much for the motivation and also taking time out to write such a heartfelt message. Really appreciate it. I just went through Shivya Nath’s blog, it is really inspiring.

1.Yes! that’s what I feel too. And I’m on it.
      2. Yes! the most active and informative travel group in Pakistan is The Travel Diary. Pls join it on Facebook and you will find what you are looking for.
      3. Within the next two weeks mean that you either need to visit a visa free or a quick-to-obtain country. You can get thai visa, fly to Bangkok and from there get your Cambodia visa, you can also get Laos visa if you are feeling to add more (Both the embassies are walking distance from each other and you will get your visas in 15-20 mins). Go to laos for its waterfalls, and Cambodia for Angkor Watt off course. Also, you can try getting Veitnamese visa, it takes about 10 days. You can do Africa! Kenya is e-visa, Tanzania and Uganda are on arrival (but this trip i would suggest you in August, which is the best time for safari). You can visit Srilanka if there really is no option and you are short on time or Maldives if you wanna bust stress and do a really slow paced do-nothing kind of a trip. If you do not mind winter travel, then Baku (Azerbaijan) is an option. You can get visa in three days or so. Indonesia is also an option! It will take around a week or so for the visa, but Bali is beautiful, you will get plenty of sunshine, beach and forests/nature if thats your thing.

Pls do write me again if you need any more information.

4. Saqib Khan December 17, 2017 at 11:25 pm - Reply

Thanks Anam for all the advice!

Well, there aren’t that many of us around, so the more we support and motivate each other, the better. And that’s why I was asking you if there’s a full-fledged community working towards this goal.

I’ve sent the request to join the FB page you recommended. Don’t know if it’s any good because they have yet to respond to my joining request. If they can’t respond in two days, I don’t think it’s a regularly updated community. Any other forum which is actually vibrant and replies in time? Any other blogger like you?

You bet I’ve got a whole lot more questions.

1. Is there a difference in authenticity of the visa [Cambodia] obtained online and the one gotten from Cambodian embassy in Thailand? Because if it isn’t, it seems a big hassle going to Thailand first to apply for visa and then flying to Cambodia, not to mention more costly as well.

2. Yes I would love to go to Laos. Any e-visa facility? Or the one in Thailand is the only option? Can it be had from Cambodia?

3. Have been to Indonesia and Sri Lanka already, and in any case Indonesian visa takes a lot of time. Same goes for Vietnam.

4. Africa I agree with you. Now’s not the best time for safari.

5. Maldives not my thing. Like you said, too reticent.

6. Winter travel is not a problem. In fact I’ve already gotten the visa for Tajikistan. Trouble is, there’s heavy snowfall happening right now there and most of the roads are blocked. Not so sure whether that’s the case with Azerbaijan as well.

And I see that you were in Japan last, well good luck if you’re still there. Let me know how it goes.

Do keep in touch. Birds of a feather ought to flock together and the Pakistani travel bird is a very rare species, in fact an endangered one.
    So the least we can do is at least compare notes from time to time and then perhaps build a sustainable community of like-minded travel junkies in the real world, and not just some group on the digital sphere.

5. Syed Zawar January 15, 2018 at 7:27 pm - Reply

What i have heard is that u can’t apply for a visit visa to another country while u r on a visit visa in Thailand. Were you on a tourist visa when u applied for Cambodian visa ?

• gwgp January 27, 2018 at 5:09 pm - Reply

Yes I infact was on tourist visa when I got my Cambodian from Thailand

6. Idris Dar February 11, 2018 at 10:40 am - Reply

First of all I will like to thank you Anam for your work related to Cambodian Visa. I am settled here in Southeast Asia since last 5 years and I have a resident status Visa called EB Visa only in Cambodia while as I live and Work nowadays in Vietnam.
    It is really good to see that very real hard work of some officials of Pakistan paid at last in terms of Visa for Cambodia otherwise it was sort of out of bound country, secondly I hope our fellow country will behave here in this wonderland and not make same fuss as we are known for very well in world particularly Malaysia and Thailand.
    Well I will clear one thing here Vietnam Visa is also not a big problem nowadays you can obtain one from Islamabad Embassy very easily. And there are many office here in Vietnam that help you get Visa if you are out of Pakistan if any one need any
    assistance please feel free to contact me I
    can be of some help – dar2002my@gmial. Com .Note ( please keep in mind Vietnam is a well controlled state with Very strict government control if you are traveling here you need to take care not overstay or get involved in any kind of fuss.
    Well Anam wish you good luck keep this good work continuing so that people can benefit

• gwgp April 4, 2018 at 12:15 am - Reply

Thanks a lot 🙂

7. Yusuf usman February 13, 2018 at 11:15 pm - Reply

Excellent

• gwgp April 4, 2018 at 12:14 am - Reply

thanks 🙂

8. بابر جان February 17, 2018 at 4:46 pm - Reply

مین پاکستان سے کیسے اپلائی کر سکتا ہوں

• gwgp April 4, 2018 at 12:13 am - Reply

If you read the blog you will know

9. M.A March 17, 2018 at 10:19 pm - Reply

Hey! Where can I find your itinerary for Cambodia and Thailand?

• gwgp March 27, 2018 at 12:37 pm - Reply

I havent written it yet. But message me on Facebook or Instagram, and I can help you build yours 🙂

• Lydaa May 13, 2018 at 8:35 pm - Reply

Hello! I’m Cambodian. I wanna visit Pakistan for a week but dont know what do I need to do?? Anyone tells please🙏 Do I need a guarantee or what else?

10. Yasir Ali April 8, 2018 at 11:25 pm - Reply

As salam u alaikum sir I want visit visa Cambodia how it’s possible because I have one girl friend from Cambodia I want marry please sir help me what’s requirements want for visit visa

• gwgp April 9, 2018 at 6:00 pm - Reply

Yasir, I am not sir. I am Anam. 🙂
      You have not read what is written on the blog.

11. Adnan May 4, 2018 at 7:41 pm - Reply

Hi anam im pakistani but now i have in malaysia im working here i want to visit cambodia how can i gat visit visa cambodia please help me

• Anam May 10, 2018 at 5:06 pm - Reply

find the cambodian embassy malaysia. go there. and ask for info. simple 🙂

12. Hassan Khan May 6, 2018 at 9:22 pm - Reply

Thanks for sharing this information!
    I understood all requirements needed also the procedure that you have mentioned in the blog post. Still, have some questions about it anam. I will be really appreciate if you guide me 🙂

1- Can we go directly from LHR or ISB to Cambodia? if not, which stop is better Bangkok or kulam pur
    2- Which port of entry of Cambodia is better?

Will be waiting for your response!
    Regards,
    Hassan

• Anam May 10, 2018 at 5:04 pm - Reply

1. you cant go there without a visa, whichever stop gives you visa easily. I had only heard of people getting the visa easily from bangkok so i went via there.
      2. you can go from any airport, I have only been to via Siam Reap, because i was going to that city. obviously.

13. Malik Yar May 20, 2018 at 2:01 pm - Reply

Anam, I tried but could not find travel group. There are chitral travel diary and hindukush travel diary.
    Is there any organization which arranges group tour to Thailand, Combodia etc.

• Anam May 28, 2018 at 9:48 pm - Reply

Malik can you pls inbox me on my facebook page, I will help you find a tour

14. Hasnain June 11, 2018 at 4:26 am - Reply

Good Day All !

It is pleasing to read the blog.My score list is 15 countries with 50 cities.This all travelling history is spread over UK,Scottish Areas,EU, Africa and gulf.I have a valid US visa and looking forward to fly soon.Any suggestions about destinitions are welcome.
    Regards

• Anam July 18, 2018 at 12:18 am - Reply

If you haven’t been to Asia yet, you must go there

15. Zainab Chaudhery August 6, 2018 at 1:40 pm - Reply

Hi Anam. I was checking out Cambodia’s E-visa website and sadly they’ve listed Pakistan not eligible for E-visa.
    1. was it the same when you applied?
    2. Did you go on an E-visa?

16. Zainab Chaudhery August 6, 2018 at 2:31 pm - Reply

Good news. I sent Cambodia E-Visa help desk an inquiry about it and they have responded saying there’s a mistake on the website making Pakistan ineligible for E-visa. It’s actually the other way round.

As my first trip for volunteering abroad, which of the three, Vietnam, Thailand or Cambodia is a good choice in your opinion?

17. Stephan Andrew August 30, 2018 at 12:42 pm - Reply

Hello Anam,

Thank you for all the wonderful information you have on this awesome blog. It has been very helpful for me as I got the Cambodia visa in April 2018 due the information you provided here. I had traveled to Siem Reap, Phnom Penh and Sihanoukville and was in Cambodia for about 17 days.

I am planning to visit Cambodia again in mid September but as i have never been to Thailand before, i will be applying for a Thai visa early next week. So I would be going to Bangkok for a few days and then Rayong and then will have to go to Bkk again to get a flight to Siem Reap (according to my travel agent). On the return i will travel via Bkk (will be at airport only due to single entry). This brings me to my question if you have any details about this; do you have any information on land border crossing via Aranyaprateth? As i will initially travel to Bangkok then to Rayong, could i exit Thailand via Aranyaprateth? (this would just save me money and time) I have checked the entry border for Cambodia is Poipet which will accept the E-Visa for entry to Siem Reap/Cambodia. Would love some info if you have any, Thank you.

18. Stephan Andrew August 31, 2018 at 1:57 pm - Reply

Thank you so much for all the information you have put on your website and especially regarding Cambodia. Due to the information on your website i was able to travel to Siem Reap, Phnom Penh and Sihanoukville in April this year. I will be applying for a Thailand Visa for the first time (next week) and plan to travel to Cambodia again as well. Would you know anything about doing a land border crossing (EXIT) from Aranyapratet broder? I have checked the Evisa for Cambodia and i can enter via Poi Pet land border.